Period: June 2013 to October 2015
What is EUREM?
EUREM is a standardized training of further education, that enhances the skills of technical experts in the field of energy efficiency improvement. The EUREM programme is offered in 30 countries and covers nearly all energy-relevant issues which can arise in companies.
The face-to-face teaching units are held by experienced teachers and professionals. The EUREM training contents are standardized and therefore worldwide comparable. The quality of training and training organisation is ensured by periodical quality examinations of external auditors. In addition, the energy concept is a key element of the practical EUREM training. This project work is accompanied by a professional coach. The topics are usually energetic weak points of the participants' companies, and about 75-80 % of the solutions developed during the course are realised afterwards.
The EUREMplus Project
The main goal of the project was to make this course more broadly available, particularly also for SMEs. This as well as the other project activities, shall enable more businesses to improve their energy efficiency and thereby also their competitiveness.
Activities & Results:
- The course course was introduced in six additional countries (Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Poland, Romania and Cyprus)
- In short video-clips, EUREM alumni from 9 different countries present some project results in their companies or organisations, demonstrate the benefits of energy efficiency for businesses, and talk about their experience in the EUREM course.
- To facilitate access to information on energy efficiency, 10 "Sector corners" were created on the EUREM website. There we collected existing sector-specific materials such as handbooks and guidelines, benchmarks, calculation tools, good practice examples, etc.on energy efficiency for businesses, from various sources. In the sector corners, they are grouped by sector (Tourism, Metalworking, Plastics & Rubber, Printers, Wood Products & Furniture, Construction Materials, Paper & Cardboard, Bakeries, Meat Processing, and Other Food Production) and language, and thus easily accesssible. The sector corners will continue to be updated, as new materials become available.
- Short new energy efficiency factsheets were developed for five different sectors. These are aimed at giving SMEs a starting point to become active in energy efficiency and energy management, and an overview of measures typically relevant for their sector. The different language versions are available for download in the right-hand menu, the German versions are on the German part of our website.
- The EUREM conferences 2014 and 2015 provided excellent opportunities for energy managers to update their knowledge and exchange experience.
- Surveys of graduates on the implementation of their projects, on barriers and supporting factors for energy efficiency in businesses, especially SMEs as well as on their satisfaction with the course.
- Increase of attractiveness of the course particularly for SMEs
- Development of options for the future sustainable design of the EUREM-consortium
Industrie- und Handelskammer Nürnberg für Mittelfranken (Coordinator), Wirtschaftskammer Österreich, Deutsch-Tschechische Industrie- und Handelskammer, WIFI Bulgaria, Cyprus Energy Agency, Deutsch-Kroatische Industrie- und Handelskammer, COSMO Innovate Center, Polish Chamber of Commerce, Cluj Chamber of Commerce and Industry
EUREMplus was co-financed by the EU-programme 'Intelligent Energy Europe'
The sole responsibility for the content of this webpage lies with the authors. It does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the European Union. Neither the EASME nor the European Commission are responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained therein.